Advertisement: Click here to learn how to Generate Art From Text
Out of all 100+ Pals you can catch in developer Pocketpair’s popular new “Pokémon with guns” survival game PalworldJormuntide is a great dragon to hunt down, as well as its sibling Jormuntide. These massive serpentine Dragons are not only excellent fighters, with their high health and damage, but also because they have the only Pals who can perform Level 4 Watering or Kindling. This makes them the best specialized workers for these jobs specifically — and both Watering and Kindling are important for growing and cooking food, refining resources, and more.
They’re the best Pals ever, and they even made it to S-tier. Palworld tier list. Jormuntide, Jormuntide ignis and other Pals are not exceptions to this. If you are determined to get Jormuntide, however, continue reading. I will explain where to find them, how to catch them effectively, as well as how to breed it if that is what you prefer.
Palworld: Jormuntide Ignis and Jormuntide locations
Jormuntide Ignis, and Jormuntide, only appear in very specific places. They are difficult to find, but players have shared their information about where they can be found.
Jormuntide appears as a miniboss at Level 45 in a nearby lake (-175,-265), located just south of the Investigator’s Fork statue.. You can either kill the Syndicate Thug NPCs in the area before you head to Jormuntide or just avoid them. Also, be on the lookout for hostile Direhowl packs.
The same Jormuntide is also found at (350.85.85), in a lake that has a giant skull in it, to the east of the Mossandra Forest Fast Travel Statue.. This lake is very deep, making it harder to fight. You can find out more about it here. You’ll also be able to stand on less land.
Jormuntide Ignis spawns exclusively in Wildlife Sanctuary 2, which is located at (-660, -115). They’re easier to catch, as they’re usually at Level 41-42. However, they’re not an easy Pal to capture. You’ll have to avoid PIDF soldiers or you’ll be Wanted. This isn’t a big problem, as there aren’t that many.
Palworld: How do you catch Jormuntide?
Both Jormuntide Ignis and Jormuntide have large health pools, and are very difficult to catch. You can catch these dragons with the right strategy, equipment and Pals. Here’s what you should do for each fight.
How to catch Jormuntide on Palworld
- You and your friends should be at least level 40, but ideally closer to 45.. If you are too low level, Jormuntide can blow through your health and your attacks will also deal minimal damage.
- Bring along good ranged guns like a Bolt Action Rifle. Due to the large amount of water in Lake Jormuntide, you will likely be engaging Jormuntide while standing afar.
- Bring along the latest Pal Spheres, such as Hyper, Ultra or Legendary Spheres.. This will increase your chances of catching fish dramatically. For high-level Pals, it is almost impossible to succeed in the early game. Pal Spheres.
- Use Electric or Ice Pals to fight Jormuntide. Both of these can freeze or stun the hybrid Water/Dragon during the fight. I personally used Rayhound along with an Alpha Boss Choillet to catch mine.
- Jormuntide is only available on the shores of the lake, or the small area in the middle.. If you are forced to swim when it is attacking you, then you will be unable to effectively dodge the attacks.
- If Jormuntide begins charging and then shoots an energy ball of Water-type or Dragon-type, run to the side and dodge just before it hits.. It uses this type attack quite often, and it can hit hard if the attack connects.
- Spam dodge rolls to one side to avoid a similar-looking attack that fires an even longer “water laser”.. You can also use a large tree located in the middle of the lake, at the first spawning location, as cover.
- If Jormuntide breathes purple flames towards you, sprint left or right. You won’t have to dodge this attack as long as you’re not stuck on anything in the environment.
- Avoid any rings of electricity that appear on the ground.. Jormuntide’s lightning will descend upon them shortly thereafter.
- When Jormuntide is near death, call up your Pal and toss one of your Spheres towards it. If you’re fortunate, you might be successful right away.
- Jormuntide is likely to break out of Sphere 1; run behind it so you can hit it with more when it comes.. Hitting your pals in the rear increases your chance of catching fish.
- Continue throwing spheres until Jormuntide catches up. You’ll eventually get it.
Now you are the proud owner a Jormuntide. As an Alpha Pal, the Jormuntide will respawn once every day in-game, so you can fight it again and catch it if you want to. It’s recommended that you do this if your endgame goal is to find one with desirable passive skills.
How to catch Jormuntide ignis in Palworld
- You and your friends should be around Level 37-42. Jormuntide ignis is easier than the regular Pal, but it’s still best to be at the same level or nearer to it before you take on the challenge.
- Consider using a weapon that is close to you, such as a Double Barrel Shotgun or Pump Action shotgun. This Jormuntide is spawned on a beach so it’s easy to get close. It also lacks close-range attacks that are threatening.
- Hyper, Ultra or Legendary Spheres are also available.. These are required by almost every Pal above Level 40 to capture.
- Bring water or ice-type pals to fight. Jormuntide is Fire/Dragon and not Water/Dragon. These are the best types. Ironically, the normal Jormuntide is one of the best Pals to use in this battle.
- Jormuntide Ignis uses fire instead of the water that Jormuntide does.. All the tips to avoid attacks in this fight also apply.
- Throw your Pal Spheres when it is nearing low health. If it tries escaping, get behind it and hit it in the rear to increase your catch rate.. This will save a ton in high-level Spheres.
- Throw your spheres as far as you can until it catches.. This shouldn’t take long with advanced Spheres.
It is important to note that you will find 2-4 Jormuntide Ignis at Wildlife Sanctuary 2, so you’ll be able to get more than one of them per day. The fact that they can spawn near high-level, aggressive Pals may make this a negative, as you could accidentally aggro them while trying to catch the fiery Dragons.
Palworld: Breeding for Jormuntide, Jormuntide ignis and Jormuntide ignis
You can breed Jormuntide if you have trouble getting it the traditional method. We’re currently working on a detailed breeding guide that will go over the entire process of how this all works. But the TLDR is that you need to build a Breeding farm structure in your Palworld baseYou can mate two Pals by feeding them cake and then putting the egg that they produce into an Egg Incubator. After a few days, the egg will hatch and become a new pal.
There are thousands of different Pal breeding combinations that can produce Pal offspring. Fortunately, some of these combinations result in a Jormuntide. I’ve listed them below. I’ll add more to the list if I discover any.
- Pyrin The following are some examples of how to get started: Menasting
- Anubis The following are some examples of how to get started: Suzaku
- SuzakuYou can also find out more about the following: Surfent
- Mammorest CrystYou can also find out more about the following: Warsect
- Quivern The following are some examples of how to get started: Relaxaurus
This is a helpful guide if you’ve not yet caught any of the Pals. Palworld interactive mapYou can pinpoint their exact location in the open world. You can then hunt them down and breed as soon as you have the information.
This is useful if you don’t want to do it the hard way. This is useful if you don’t feel like getting more from Wildlife Sanctuary 2 the hard way, though keep in mind that Pal parents pass on traits — positive The following are some examples of how to get started: negative — to their offspring. If your Jormuntide Ignis friends have negative passives, then any offspring you hatch will have the same.
Palworld can be downloaded now from the Microsoft Store and Steam on Xbox One consoles as well as Windows PC.|S, Xbox One consoles, and Windows PC via either the Microsoft Store or Steam. It’s fast becoming one of the Best Xbox games and best PC games of 2024 so far,You can also find out more about the following: it’s also playable through Xbox Game Pass.